All Good Things Come From God (James 1:17)

This is something that I remind myself of daily. When things are going well in life, it is very easy to just get used to it and take credit for it. We don’t necessarily mean to take the credit, but forgetting to turn to God and thank Him for the blessings we receive is just the same.

Things were going well in life for Mike and I and I realized one day that we were becoming too proud of what we had accomplished. We were adopting the mindset that we got ourselves where we were by the decisions we made, but that is just not true. We were not giving credit where credit was due. God does not have to do anything for us, but He loves His children and provides for us in ways we may never fully understand. From that day on, we have made a conscious effort to thank God for all that he has given us.

He has given us each a wonderful education, jobs in our field of choice, a home to call our own, supportive family and friends, and so much more. I know that what we have accomplished financially in the last 3 years has less to do with the decisions that Mike and I made and everything to do with God allowing us to be in these circumstances. I believe that the decisions we make can significantly impact our financial future (and I will discuss these in future blog posts), but we must begin by giving all the glory and honor to God for every circumstance He puts us in (good and not-so-good) for we trust in His plan. 

Comments

  1. This is Eva Bender's father and Mike Bender's father-in-law. I love you both very much. I am so proud of you Eva for deciding to help other people with your wealth (pun intended) of financial knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment