14 Days of Love – Ideas for Valentine’s Day

As you have been reminded at Target and the grocery store since practically the day after Christmas, Valentine’s Day is two weeks away. I can’t speak for everyone, but I am a sucker for a heartfelt, sappy, homemade gift. Mike and I usually don't spend much money on Valentine’s Day gifts. Instead, we often express our love in a card or some other form of writing. I love this because then if I ever need a pick-me-up, I can read it over and over again. Plus it saves money, which is always good in my book!

This is one idea I had for Mike last year: 14 Days of Love!



I hung up 15 envelopes on the inside of our front door and filled them with love letters. Don’t fret by the idea of writing a love letter. I wrote a lot of mine on index cards so they obviously weren’t very long. Just write what you feel, and your partner will love it. As accountants, this is our busiest time of year, so extra encouragement is needed. That’s what originally inspired me to make it 14 days rather than just one. So if you want to do this for your partner, there is still time. Here is what you need to do:

1. Prepare the envelopes. You will need 15 (one in the middle will be blank to make for even spacing and placement on the door).
  • I made my own because the look I envisioned did not work with the standard letter envelopes. I used cardstock I had left over from my wedding to make the envelopes. You can find a link for an envelope template here.

2. Write love notes, and fill the envelopes.

3. Attach the envelopes to a wall or door in your house in a 3 x 5 arrangement (3 across & 5 down).

4. Instruct your partner to open one each day, starting on February 1st and ending on Valentine’s Day.

The beautiful thing about this idea is you probably already have all of the supplies for this project. This gift will cost you absolutely nothing, and I’m sure your partner will be blown away with your thoughtful gesture and effort.

Happy writing! 

Comments