Simple Gift Idea - Recipe Card Album

This is the third post in my “Simple Gift Ideas” Series that will lead up to Christmas. The first post can be found here, and the second post, here.

I really enjoy cooking and playing around with recipes to make them my own. A couple months ago, my mother-in-law asked if I could make copies of my recipes for her. I decided to take it one step further and put them in a nice, re-useable format. It was quite easy and inexpensive.


Instructions

  1. Type up your recipes into editable PDF files. I found a website for doing this here.
  2. Create your recipe card PDF files and print them out (preferably on card stock).
  3. Cut out the recipe cards.
  4. Organize the recipes in an order that makes sense to you. Consider sorting by: appetizers, side dishes, main dishes, desserts, etc.
  5. Slide the recipe cards into a small photo album. To keep it simple and compact, get a soft covered 20- to 40-slot photo album/brag book. I got mine at Walmart for $0.97 each. You can also get them at the dollar store.
  6. You can give the recipe card album as a gift, and if you like, you can make one for yourself.

Now that the hard work of typing up my recipes is over, it will be much easier and faster to make this gift again. I think this would be a great bridal shower or wedding gift as well as an excellent stocking stuffer.

Please share any homemade gifts you have made this holiday season! I would love to hear what you guys are working on :) 

Comments